Johnstone Music – Arrangements and Musical Creations
David Johnstone - Arrangements
DAVID JOHNSTONE - HIS ARRANGEMENTS AND TRANSCRIPTIONS
This section includes all kinds of arrangements and transcriptions by David Johnstone, and in some cases he also participates as a cellist. However, in many other cases Johnstone does not know the performers personally, as they come from many different countries. This is a growing list, and in some pieces there is more than one recording available. All are welcome! We do not always learn of these recordings; for this, you are welcome to write in the ‘Contact’ section and make mention of your performance (if possible on You Tube). In this list we try to give an alphabetical list by composer name, and at the end (those starting with “z-”) pieces without a composer name or where the title alone is better known.
If you would like to send a comment as a listener (hopefully positive!) about any piece, or about the web in general, simply visit the “Contact” section and leave a message with the details - we’d be happy to hear from you!
ENJOY THE MUSIC!
DAVID JOHNSTONE - RECORDINGS AS AN ARRANGER // GRABACIONES COMO ARREGLISTA
To help you:
*=Sheet music available in the web Johnstone-Music **=Sheet music available from Creighton’s Collection
Para ayudarte: *=Partitura disponible en la web Johnstone Music **=Partitura disponible de Creighton`s Collection
* Isaac ALBENIZ - Asturias, for Solo Cello https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPlmCSeb5Ds Ulrike Zavelberg, Violoncello - Steffen Schorn, Tubax (Bb) - the sub-contrabass saxophone part is not by Johnstone (but the creativity is welcomed)
* DEBUSSY - “Clair de Lune” - Debussy - recorded by Swiss-based cello group Performance by Swiss-based cellist group with performers: Christopher Jepson / Alejandro Olóriz / Yolena Orea Sanchez / Benjamin Gregor Smith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x21Qg9ZOXXk
* Henry MANCINI - The Pink Panther Music, for Four Double Basses (based on 4 Cellos) GeneBass Double Bass Quartet plays “The Pink Panther” Music in arrangement of David Johnstone https://youtu.be/WcLxRROZM40
* Schumann Kinderzenen (Scenes of Childhood), Op 15 No. 7 “Traumerei”, arranged for four cellos by David Johnstone with minor changes by Schrello Classic Performance: Schrello Classic (ALL parts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shzu6ebbWf0
* SCHUMANN Kinderzenen (Scenes of Childhood), Op 15 No. 1 “Von fremden Ländern und Menchen” (From foreign countries and people), arranged for four cellos by David Johnstone Performance: Schrello Classic (ALL parts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4obpFoSN4w